Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi Set One
With Catherine Burnett and Annie Cryar in collaboration with Sifu Wing Cheung
Sifu Cheung has devoted his life to spreading the benefits of Qigong and has trained hundreds of Tai Chi Qigong instructors worldwide. After training with him for the past 12 years, Annie Cryar and Catherine Burnett are teaching Sifu Cheung’s courses as Senior Instructors of his Tai Chi Qigong and Feng Shui Institute. There are now several versions of this hugely popular Qigong, but Sifu Wing Cheung has an impeccable lineage. He was originally a student of Master Wu Jian Hua, a colleague of Professor Lin-Hou-Sheng, the co-creator of Shibashi Qigong at the Shanghai Qigong Research Institute
Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi is one of the most popular styles of qigong around the world because it is effective and easy to learn. The demand for tai chi qigong instructors is increasing as baby boomers start to age and as more people become aware of the benefits of qigong.
In this course, students will learn:
- all 3 major types of qigong, namely the moving qigong, standing qigong and sitting qigong. The first set of Shibashi, the Wuji & Taiji Stances and the basic Internal Alchemy technique will be taught respectively for each type.
- the theory of qi and the health benefits of qigong from both Eastern and Western perspectives;
- the details surrounding each qigong movement;
- abdominal and reverse breathing techniques;
- about the physiological changes when one enters qigong mode (as seen on biofeedback machines);
- about the feelings to be expected after practicing qigong and the meaning behind each of these feelings and
- about the common mistakes students make when practicing Shibashi.
By the end of the course, students will know how to:
- check if others are relaxed by assessing their physical and mental state;
- maximize the benefits of Shibashi by adding extra elements to certain movements;
- incorporate some simple yet powerful stances into Shibashi;
- modify movements when teaching seniors and those with special needs;
- create a qi field to magnify the benefits of group practice and
- detect and defend themselves from sick qi.
Even though the theme of this training course focuses on Shibashi, the knowledge obtained from and skills developed during this course could be applied to many different styles of qigong. Those that do not intend to teach but would like to make qigong a part of their lives will also find this course very useful.
St Leonards Studio, 3 Grand Parade, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN380DD
Date & Time:
August 31, 2019 Saturday 10:00am-5:30pm
September 1, 2019 Sunday 10:00am-4:30pm (optional assessments 4:30pm-6:30pm)
None. However, we recommend you to get familiar with the Set 1 Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi. Student who registered for this course will receive a coupon to purchase the Set 1 Shibashi Home Study Course and Qigong Mode & Tai Chi Posture Requirements Home Study Course at 50% discount.
Tuition: £225 (without assessment)
For students repeating the course: £150
Optional Individual Assessment:
Those who intend to teach qigong Shibashi or would simply like to have individual attention from Master Cheung should enrol in this assessment at the end of the workshop. The purpose of the assessment is to ensure that the student fully understand all the concepts and techniques covered in the workshop.
An instructor certificate will be issued to those who successfully passed the assessment. Graduates could have their own person webpages published under our certified instructors section.
Prerequisites: Students must be able to recall and perform all 18 movements of Shibashi
Date & Time: September 1 4:30pm-6:30pm
Assessment has 2 Parts:
A) Perform the first set of Shibashi
B) Demonstrate the different techniques learned during the course
Assessment Fee: £50
For further information contact : Catherine Burnett : +44 1424 815128, mobile : +44 7909 516578, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Annie 077228568397
You will receive fully comprehensive manuals and instructional videos to begin your learning at home, before the weekend workshop. Assessments will be held either on the Sunday afternoon of the workshop or by subsequent submission of a video in which you complete the set.
These courses are designed to help you improve your own practice and encourage you to share the many benefits of Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi with family, friends and those in need in your communities. Click here for information about our comprehensive Qigong Teacher Training course.