Designed with flexibility and total immersion in mind, this is a rolling programme of three, week-long visits to the beautiful Greek Island of Agistri , providing an intensive Qigong teacher training like no other.
Your three weeks of contact time are spread over twelve months. Face to face teaching with two of our teaching team will be supported by our online learning environment which provides extensive resources for your home study. This home study begins as soon as you enrol on the course. You can expect to devote at least six hours a week to your home practice and study.
The themes for each week are: Qigong Essentials, The Breath as a Bridge and Stillness and Movement; as this is a rolling programme, you can join at any stage of the year. Online support, a comprehensive handbook and individual mentoring are all part of the package.
May 2018 : 16th - 23rd : Stillness & Movement (now full)
Oct 2018 : 3rd - 10th : Qigong Essentials
May 2019 : Dates TBC : The Breath as a Bridge
Oct 2019 : Dates TBC : Stillness & Movement
A short ferry ride from Athen's main port, Agistri is an unspoilt island with a simple and traditional retreat centre; Rosy's Little Village is 30 metres from the sea. There will be time to swim, snorkel, read, explore the island and eat Rosy's wonderful food!
Please note that the fees for the residential option do not include accommodation or travel.
Travel to Agistri
Flight prices can rise so expect to pay up to £180 return. We pay much less by booking in advance.
Taxi from Athens airport to the port of Piraeus is 50 euros.
Ferry to Agistri is approx 15 euros.
We will co-ordinate travelling so that the taxi to Piraeus can be shared and the ferry is caught without stress.
We will organise your half-board accommodation.
Rosie's half board rates in 2018:
- Twin room €64 pp per night
- Triple room €56 pp per night
- Single room €90 pp per night
Please be aware that a request for a single room may mean that you may be staying in Hotel Dionysos, 100 metres from Rosie's and offering an equally good standard of accommodation
Please inform us of any special dietary needs.
The fee for each week is £1000
Total course tuition fee is £3000
Your study begins as soon as your application is accepted. You gain immediate access to our on-line learning site with Qigong manuals, videos, anatomy online, and many other resources.
Week 1: £500 payable on acceptance of your application, followed by £500 one month before travel to Agistri.
Weeks 2&3: £1000 payable one month before each travel to Agistri.
You can pay your fees by instalments. Please Contact us for a personal payment plan.
What will I learn?
In Qigong Essentials you will learn:
- The principles and essential ingredients of Qigong
- The major philosophical, spiritual and medical influences on modern practice
- An understanding of the anatomy of the energy body
- The experience and practice of mindfulness
- What makes an effective teacher
- Health and safety principles in the teaching of Qigong
- How to prepare a scheme of work and session plans
- Shibashi Qigong Set One
- The 8 Strands of the Brocade
- Strength and flexibility for Qigong
In The Breath as a Bridge you will learn:
- The Nine Forms of Pre Heaven Qigong
- More about the principles of Qigong for health and Medical Qigong
- The connection to specific energy gates and channels
- The role of the breath in Qigong
- The teaching of relaxation, visualisation and meditation
- The ‘Gong’ of marketing
- The principles and perception of Qi Fields and how we manifest our intention
- More about the art of teaching — an appreciation of learning and teaching styles and how they can inform your teaching
In Stillness and Movement you will learn:
- Shibashi Qigong Set 2
- More about the practice of the Nine Forms
- The practice and principles of meditation
- More on the teaching of relaxation, visualisation and meditation
- Particular techniques for holding the Qi field during meditation
- Particular methods for teaching movement
- The importance of ethics and professionalism in teaching
- Ideas and tools for marketing your work
- About the benefits of Qigong from a modern medical perspective
How to apply
Please send us an application form and you will be contacted for an informal discussion with one of the teachers during which we will discuss your experience of Qigong or related practice.
The course is open to practitioners of Qigong, existing Tai Chi/Qigong teachers from all traditions and graduates of Shiatsu and related disciplines, who have a personal Qigong practice. No specific academic qualifications are required for this course, however a commitment to practice and reflection on your own educational and learning experience is important.
Do I need a qualification in anatomy?
No, the Shiatsu College's online anatomy course is part of the Qigong teacher training programme. Blending academic work with experiential anatomy which focuses on movement, stretches and energy work, it can be completed during your first year. If you have studied anatomy before, we ask that you refresh your knowledge and delve into the new paradigms of anatomy that this unique course introduces.
What happens after graduation?
Our Qigong Teaching Certificate enables you to gain insurance to teach Qigong with ‘Balens’. At the present time, there is no nationwide Qigong professional body equivalent to the US National Qigong Association for us to affiliate to. We will keep all of our graduates informed about any developments concerning the creation of a UK organisation via our website.
We offer you free advertising of your website, social media sites and contact details for your classes on our website. Organised with our graduates in mind, we hope you will stay in touch and meet ex-students from other locations via our annual Qigong camp, Qi in the Field. We also offer retreats and workshops for your continuing professional development.